You feel called to become a gestational surrogate, and now you’re wondering how to find a surrogacy agency — this guide is for you. Following these four steps will lead you to the best surrogacy agencies for your journey.
As a prospective surrogate, you want to make sure you’re working with a team of professionals who will provide you with the detailed information, support and guidance you’ll need throughout this life-changing experience. This is important, because choosing the right surrogacy program will make all the difference.
But, how do you know what to look for as you search for the best surrogacy agencies?
Here are the four steps of how to choose a surrogacy agency:
Step 1: Find the Top Surrogacy Agencies in Your Area
Working with a local surrogacy program instead of a national agency can have significant benefits.
Most of our surrogates have said that they preferred working with Southern Surrogacy because we were locally based, among other reasons. On the other hand, those who worked with national agencies in the past expressed frustration at traveling to intended parents several states away or being matched with intended parents who lived in another country.
Southern Surrogacy works with gestational carriers and intended parents in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. Our regional focus means we can match you with intended parents within 2-4 hours of your home. When you work with the top-rated surrogacy agencies in your immediate area, you benefit in several ways:
- You won’t have to fly to the intended parents for the embryo transfer — they’ll be a reasonable drive away.
- You know that the intended parents will be able to get to you at the time of the birth so that they can begin to parent the child immediately.
- You can have a closer friendship with nearby intended parents, one that may last a lifetime.
- You have the local support of our offices and our ability to travel to you as needed.
- You have a legal team on your side who specializes in the surrogacy laws of your area and knows the local processes better than anyone else.
Contact us online or call us now at 404-994-6300 if you’d like to learn more about becoming a surrogate for intended parents in your area.
Step 2: Look for these Qualities that Make the Best Gestational Surrogacy Agencies
The best surrogacy agencies in the United States have some key qualities in common. You should choose a surrogacy agency that:
- Is honest and realistic about both the challenges and the joys of the surrogacy process. If a professional exclusively talks about the positives, you should look for someone who will be upfront about the tough parts of the road ahead.
- Has a plan for addressing every possible scenario, and has clear policies that minimize potential risk to you (and to the intended parents). If they promise that everything always goes 100% to plan, they’re not being honest!
- Provides you with all of the information you need to make fully informed decisions about your surrogacy journey, and all of the support and care you need to feel confident in those decisions.
Step 3: Ask the Right Questions to Determine the Best Gestational Surrogacy Agency
The best way to determine whether or not an agency has those important qualities is to ask the right questions. Here are some important questions to ask a surrogacy agency if you’re searching for the best agency for surrogacy:
- “What requirements do I need to meet to become a surrogate through your program?”
- “How do you screen intended parents, so I know that I will be safe and respected?”
- “How would you match me with the right intended parents?”
- “What services do you provide for surrogates?”
- “How will I be reimbursed for the pregnancy- and surrogacy-related costs? How do you handle compensation?”
- “How available would your staff be if I had an after-hours need or concern?”
- “What will you do if something unexpected happens?”
- “How many surrogacy journeys have you completed in my state, and how familiar are you with local surrogacy laws here?”
- “Why should I choose you as my primary surrogacy professional?”
These questions are a good place to start, but be sure to also ask about anything that is of particular importance to you. We recommend writing down a list of everything you want to ask before you speak with a potential surrogacy agency and taking notes during your conversation.
Step 4: Listen to What Previous Clients Are Saying
The top surrogacy agencies in the U.S. will have an important distinction in common: Their past clients have great things to say about their experiences.
Start by checking out reviews and testimonials. You may even wish to reach out directly to former surrogates and intended parents for their opinions and input.
Ultimately, what sets the best-rated surrogacy agencies apart is how well they take care of their surrogates, intended parents and the children at the heart of it all. A good surrogacy program will have:
- Years of experience, specifically in the field of surrogacy and building families.
- A track record of successful, positive and meaningful surrogacy journeys.
- A long list of happy surrogates, intended parents and thriving children born from their surrogacy program.
- A well-rounded team of experienced and passionate experts who will go the extra mile to ensure that you are cared for and supported.
If you’re becoming a gestational surrogate in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama, Southern Surrogacy is the regional agency for you, because we meet all these standards and more.
You’ve Found the Best Surrogacy Agency in the South: Contact Us Now
Southern Surrogacy has helped create so many families and lasting friendships. We deeply care for every gestational surrogate, intended parent and child that has worked with us throughout the years. We would be honored to be a part of your surrogacy experience and help you become a gestational carrier.
Southern Surrogacy is recognized and renowned as one of the best surrogacy agencies in the southern states. So, if you’re still unsure how to choose a surrogacy agency, here’s the solution:
To learn more about how to become a surrogate in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, or Alabama, or to schedule a consultation with the Southern Surrogacy team, contact us online or call us now at 404-994-6300.