Knowing where to start when it comes to surrogacy in Alabama can be complicated. Fortunately, Southern Surrogacy is here to help.
Whether you’re interested in carrying a child for someone else, or you wish to add a child to your family through surrogacy, you’ll need to have the right professionals by your side. Our full-service surrogacy program in Alabama can guide you through every step of your upcoming journey — answering your questions, managing complicated issues and helping make your surrogacy dreams come true. If you’re considering surrogacy in Alabama, look no further than our experienced team.
But, how do you get started with this important journey?
Don’t hesitate to call our surrogacy professionals today at 404-994-6300. Whether you’re looking for a professional to team up with, or you’re just looking for more information about surrogacy in Alabama, Southern Surrogacy is here for you. Schedule a complimentary initial consult to get the information you need to move forward — but only when it’s right for you.
In the meantime, you can learn a bit more about surrogacy in Alabama with our program in the article below!
The Facts About Alabama Surrogacy Laws
Those who are considering surrogacy in the Heart of Dixie often have one big question:
Is surrogacy legal in Alabama?
The answer is yes — and there is a solidly established process for those wishing to fulfill their surrogacy dreams in the Yellowhammer State.
First, know this: There are currently no Alabama surrogacy laws regulating this process. But, that doesn’t mean that surrogacy in Alabama is impossible or unsafe. Over the last few years, surrogacy professionals in this state have established their own safe, agreed-upon procedures for this family-building process. When you pursue surrogacy in Alabama with the right professional, you can know that your rights and interests are legally protected every step of the way, starting with a detailed surrogacy contract from an experienced surrogacy attorney.
So, if you’re considering surrogacy in Alabama, don’t let the lack of Alabama surrogacy laws deter you. You can reach your surrogacy dreams in this state — and Southern Surrogacy will be there to help you every step of the way.
The Process of Surrogacy in Alabama
How exactly does gestational surrogacy in Alabama work?
While every surrogacy is different, certain steps must be followed to protect intended parents and gestational carriers during this journey. Don’t worry: Southern Surrogacy is here to guide you through all of the necessary legal, medical and practical steps of gestational surrogacy in Alabama.
First, you’ll need to contact our surrogacy professionals. Because the process of surrogacy in Alabama can be complicated, you will want to have an experienced surrogacy program by your side from the beginning. Our team is happy to answer all of your questions about surrogacy in Alabama and our surrogacy program to help you make the best decision for your family. Give us a call at 404-994-6300 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consult today.
Once you are ready to start your surrogacy in Alabama, Southern Surrogacy will assist you through the rest of your surrogacy steps:
- Matching with a surrogate or intended parents: One of the benefits of working with a surrogacy program like Southern Surrogacy is finding a surrogacy partner whom you know is approved for the process. The matching process with our program is mutual; you and your surrogacy partner will have a chance to pick the intended parent or surrogate you are most comfortable with, and you’ll be able to ask each other questions before finalizing your match. We have a wide network of prospective surrogates and intended parents to find the right match for you.
- Signing the surrogacy contract: Once you find your surrogacy partner, your match will be finalized with a legal surrogacy contract. When you work with Southern Surrogacy, you don’t need to find a separate legal professional; our staff includes experienced surrogacy attorneys to complete this step as part of our program services.
- Completing the medical process: After the legal contract is signed, the medical process of surrogacy in Alabama can begin. Both parties will work with the surrogacy clinic of the intended parents’ choosing to prepare the surrogate for eventual embryo transfer, which the clinic will also complete. Once she is pregnant, she will work with her local OBGYN for prenatal care. Southern Surrogacy will coordinate with your clinic throughout this process.
- Establishing parental rights: Your surrogacy lawyers at Southern Surrogacy will work to ensure the proper legal rights are established before or after the baby is born. Because Alabama surrogacy laws on this can be confusing, a surrogacy attorney is the only way to protect your rights and interests on this matter — whether you’re an intended parent or prospective surrogate.
For more information about what your surrogacy in Alabama will look like with our program, please contact our team today.
Other Professionals You’ll Need for Your Surrogacy in Alabama
Working with Southern Surrogacy is one of the best ways to receive the majority of necessary surrogacy services. Our team provides almost all of the assistance you need, including legal guidance, case management, counseling and more.
But, you will also need to work with medical professionals as part of your Alabama surrogacy. Key among these is a fertility clinic. If you are an intended parent, you can likely work with the same fertility clinic you have used for prior infertility treatments. If you are a gestational carrier, you will work with the clinic your intended parents choose (your travel costs will be free if it is not conveniently located).
If you don’t have a surrogacy clinic in mind, there are a few regional options to choose from:
- Alabama Fertility
- Fertility Program of Alabama
- The Center for Reproductive Medicine
- Fertility Institute of North Alabama
There are many other fertility clinics in the South that can assist you through your gestational surrogacy in Alabama, and our professionals are happy to provide a more extensive list when you contact us. We also recommend you search through the American Society of Reproductive Medicine’s database.
Ready to Start Your Surrogacy in Alabama?
While surrogacy in Alabama can be overwhelming at the start, it is an extremely viable option for hopeful parents and prospective surrogates. Southern Surrogacy is here to help you get started.
Wherever you are at in your surrogacy journey — whether you’re still looking for information or are ready to start creating your personal surrogacy plan — give our surrogacy professionals a call. We would be honored to help you complete your surrogacy in Alabama safely and legally and help you reach your personal surrogacy goals.