Some of the first questions you may ask as you learn about becoming a gestational surrogate for someone are, “Where do I find surrogate places near me? Is there someone nearby who can help me become a gestational carrier?”
Southern Surrogacy is a local surrogacy program that specializes in working with surrogates and intended parents in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama.
In this guide, we’ll answer your questions, walk you through the benefits of local surrogacy, show you how to get started finding local surrogacy agencies and more. If you have specific questions about becoming a surrogate and would like to speak with our team, you can contact us today.
How Do I Become a Surrogate Near Me?
Many women find that choosing an agency nearby makes the process of becoming a surrogate simpler. Southern Surrogacy only works with gestational surrogates and intended parents throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. This allows us to remain within a few hours of you and the intended parents, so we can provide the best support and information at every step of the way.
With that in mind, here’s a quick overview of how to become a surrogate:
- Reach out to a local surrogacy program like Southern Surrogacy. We’ll walk you through the following steps.
- You’ll fill out an initial screening form, which checks to make sure you meet the basic requirements of becoming a gestational surrogate.
- If you meet those basic requirements, you’ll move on to more rigorous screening steps, which verify that you’re physically, mentally and emotionally healthy enough for surrogacy. At this point, we’ll likely meet with you in person since we’re nearby.
- We’ll match you with local intended parents who are excited to meet the woman who will help them have their baby.
- We’ll guide you through the legal requirements of surrogacy in your area and make sure that you’re legally protected throughout the process.
If you haven’t already, we encourage you to explore more detailed guides that explain the process of becoming a gestational carrier. It’s not an easy process, but helping someone else grow their family may be one of the most rewarding experiences you’ll ever have. Plus, with our services, you will have all the support you need along the way.
Once you’ve decided you’re ready to become a surrogate, you’ll take the next step toward that goal. This may lead you to ask, “How do I find surrogacy clinics near me?”
As you’ll see, staying close to home helps many women feel more confident and secure about becoming a surrogate.
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing Surrogacy Near Me vs. a National Agency?
If you’ve decided you’re ready to move forward and become a gestational surrogate, you’ll now need to choose which professional will be your guide. It’s one of the most important choices you’ll make — the key to a smooth, successful and meaningful surrogacy experience is finding the right team.
But, there’s one question you’ll need to ask yourself first: “Do I want a nationwide surrogacy agency, or do I want to find the best local surrogacy programs near me?”
Some women don’t mind matching with intended parents on the other side of the country or in another country. But maybe you want a local relationship, not only with nearby intended parents but also with your local professionals — surrogacy clinics and attorneys, like Southern Surrogacy.
Here are three benefits of choosing a local surrogacy agencies over a national agency:
- Unlike many national agencies, Southern Surrogacy can match you with intended parents who live within 2-4 hours of you. This allows you to get to know one another personally and often leads to a stronger, longer-lasting friendship between your families. This also helps to ensure that the intended parents will be with you for the birth of their baby so that they can begin parenting as soon as the baby is born.
- Gestational carriers typically have to travel to the intended parents’ fertility clinic to complete the embryo transfer procedure, as that will be where the embryo is created and stored. Rather than flying across the country, you’d be able to drive a short distance to the intended parents when you work with local surrogacy agencies.
- National agencies tend to be large. This can have some benefits, but it also comes with some drawbacks. One being: Less personalized attention. With a smaller, regional surrogacy program like Southern Surrogacy, you’ll receive one-on-one support.
Adrienne, a gestational carrier who worked with Southern Surrogacy, pointed to the connection with her intended parents as the most important part of her process.
“The best part about the journey has been the communication between myself and the intended parents,” she said. “I really appreciate being matched with families who want to take an active role in this journey and care about me as the surrogate.”
You can have the same experience with our regional surrogacy program — one that will help you feel supported, valued and connected throughout your journey.
If you’re now asking, “What are some good surrogate companies near me?” here’s what you’ll do next:
What are Some of the Top Surrogate Programs Near Me?
If you’ve decided that you want to keep your surrogacy journey local, you’re likely asking, “Where can I find the best surrogate agency near me?”
Here are just five reasons to choose Southern Surrogacy when you’re looking for nearby surrogacy agencies:
- Our headquarters locations are in Georgia, with an additional office in North Carolina. We’re never far from you, so we’ll always be nearby if you need us.
- We work with intended parents and surrogates throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama — we’ll help you find intended parents who live within a few hours of you, so you can get to know each other in person! We typically match you with intended parents who live within a 2–4-hour drive of your home.
- We’ll help you connect with the best surrogacy-competent fertility clinics in your region. With our years of experience handling surrogacy in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama, we know the best medical professionals to help you and the intended parents have a safe, healthy and successful journey.
- We specialize in the local surrogacy laws of the south, so you know your attorney is highly experienced in navigating the laws of your area. We’ll guide you through it, step by step.
- Southern Surrogacy is a smaller, regional surrogacy program that can provide unparalleled individual attention to you and the journey you’re about to undertake. This means you’ll have the personalized guidance and support you need.
Want to learn more? If you’re interested in becoming a gestational carrier or if you’re ready to get started, contact us online or call us now at (404) 994-6300.